As a result of the course, participants will acquire:
– knowledge of computer security elements fundamentals;
– knowledge of computer access control;
– knowledge of security architecture;
– knowledge of technical measures for network and host security;
– knowledge of network management best practices;
– knowledge of physical protection role in computer security.
The course is designed to be a great value for managers, engineers and employees from regulators, government organizations, private companies and academia, who want to get further career in the cybersecurity area or need to extend their expertise with cybersecurity related topics.
There are no prerequisites.
TRAINING COURSE CONTENTS
Main modules of this course will cover following topics:
1. Computer security and access control
— Physical security;
— Computer operating systems;
— Access control principles;
— Remote maintenance.
2. Authentication and cryptography
— Authentication methods;
— Practical application.
3. Computer security architecture
— Threats and vulnerabilities to computing infrastructure;
— Consequence analysis;
— Security levels, multilevel security;
— Security zones.
4. Network security
— Network devices and services;
— Expected threats;
— Secure LAN;
— E-mail communication.
5. Intrusion detection and information recovery
— Common intrusion methods;
— Network attacks;
— Intrusion detection;
— Responses to intrusion;
— Computer forensics;
— Recovery plan.
6. Network management practice
— Automated vulnerability detection;
— Scanning techniques and approaches;
— Countermeasures against network threats.